Working with team spaces#
A team space or space is a group of clusters and users called team space members. Team members can access team space clusters through the Internet without setting up VPN systems.
Create a team space#
To create a team space, complete the following steps:
- Click the Spaces dropdown list in the top bar and select Create a Space.
- In the following dialog menu, type the team space name in the New Space Name input field.
- Click Create Space.
After successful space creation, Lens Desktop opens the Cluster view of the space.
Connect a cluster#
To connect a cluster to a team space, complete the following steps:
- From the Clusters view of the space, click the Add cluster button in the lower-right corner of the view.
- In the following dialog menu, select a cluster to add to the space.
You can also add a cluster through the Cluster connect menu in Cluster settings:
- From the cluster view, click the cluster icon to open the drop-down menu.
- Open Settings > Cluster Connect.
- Select a team space in the LENS SPACE drop-down list.
- Select the geographically closest region to the cluster in the REGION drop-down list.
- Click Add Cluster to Space.
Invite a member#
To invite a new team member to a team space, complete the following steps:
- From the Catalog of the space, click the Manage Space button in the top bar.
- Click Members > Invite New Members:
- Type username or email in the INVITE NEW MEMBERS TO SPACE input field and click Send invites.
- Click Create Link in the GET LINK dialog menu and copy the following link.