Integrate Lens ID with JumpCloud#
Lens Pro subscription feature
The System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) specification is designed to make managing user identities in cloud-based applications and services easier. Lens ID supports the SCIM integration with the JumpCloud directory platform. For details about the JumpCloud products, see the JumpCloud official website.
- Lens Business ID
- Enabled Lens Control Center
- Administrator account on the JumpCloud platform
Create the SSO application#
To create a Lens ID SSO application in the JumpCloud directory platform:
- Log in to the JumpCloud directory platform as an administrator.
- In the left panel of the JumpCloud administrator account interface, click SSO Applications.
- Click Add New Application above the list of applications.
- Select Custom Application and click Next.
- Select Import users from this app (Identity Management) and click Next.
In the Display Label input field, type the application name and click Save Application.
For clarity purposes, we recommend using the value of the Business ID field in the Profile section of your Lens Business ID.
Optional. Click Configure Application to proceed to the application configuration process.
Configure the SSO application#
- As JumpCloud administrator, select the application from the list.
In the application configuration menu, select the Identity Management tab and specify the parameters as follows:
Option Recommended value Comment API Type
Find this value in Lens Business ID > Authentication > Base URL Test User Email
You can use any value of the email address format
Test the application functioning by clicking Test Connection.
- Disable the Enable management of User Groups and Group Membership in this application flag.
- Click Activate in the header of the configuration menu and then click Save.
Add a new group#
Create a group of users to be synchronized with your Lens Business ID:
- From the JumpCloud administrator account, navigate to User Groups.
- Click the plus button in the top bar.
- On the Details tab of the group configuration menu, specify the group name and other additional parameters.
- On the Users tab, specify the members of the group.
- On the Applications tab, select the application needed.
- Click Save.
Add users to the application#
- From the JumpCloud administrator account, navigate to SSO Applications.
- Select the user group and, in the group profile, open the User Groups tab.
- Select the group needed and click Save.
Adding user accounts to the application synchronizes them with the Lens Business ID. If there is an available subscription seat, a user gets automatically assigned to it. You can remove the user from the Lens Business ID and unassign the subscription seat through the JumpCloud administrator account. To do so, suspend the user account from the corresponding application.